Warung Bebas

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A brief look at Shalimar

I'm not intending to write about Shalimar in any great detail, suffice to say that I have enjoyed it for a number of years, having bought the eau de parfum for my wife. I wear Shalimar regularly and don't find it overtly feminine. I love its combination of rich, sumptuous vanilla, smoky oppoponax and zingy citrus. Today I came across the eau de toilette at Boots and without really thinking gave myself a spritz. What struck me most was how different the opening is to the eau de parfum. It starts much lighter and with a much fresher and modern citrus. It was not until about half an hour later that I started to properly recognise it as Shalimar. Opinions differ, but many people seem to think the parfum extrait is the best concentration of Shalimar, while some mention the cologne. I haven't tried either, or any vintage versions, so can't comment. However I definitely prefer my eau de parfum concentration to the eau de toilette. 

What versions of Shalimar have you tried, and which is your favourite?

Image credit - http://www.punmiris.com/

0 comments em “A brief look at Shalimar”

Post a Comment

 

fromtoptobottom-perfumepatter Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger