Warung Bebas

Monday, October 10, 2011

How the time has flown...

I can still remember the day clearly. My wife and I flew to the UK on 9 October 2001, about to embark on an adventure (not through time and space) and a new life in England. We had two suitcases and enough cash to last us for about a month, if that.

Ten years on, we are still here, and now own a house (well, actually the bank owns it, more or less), have two children, furniture and a hell of a lot more 'stuff' than could be fit into two suitcases.

Are we better people ten years later? I like to think so. In a way it feels like I've fit more into a decade than I did into the first three decades of my life.

This is a perfume blog, but I'd like to dedicate this post to England, and its people, who've made us feel welcome and offered us a life of opportunity.

0 comments em “How the time has flown...”

Post a Comment

 

fromtoptobottom-perfumepatter Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger