Warung Bebas

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The penny drops

Don't you find it is weird sometimes how you can test a fragrance for some time and be so not in love, then come back to it a few weeks later, or in a different season, and find your perception of it has totally changed? This has happened to me recently with two perfumes, Papyrus de Ciane by Parfumerie Generale and Fat Electrician by ELDO. When I first tried these in the summer I sort of liked them, but definitely wasn't blown away. Having tried them again this autumn, they are so much nicer. So what's up? Is it a change in my skin chemistry? To me this is part of the magic of perfume. I like to be surprised and I'm even happier when I move from lukewarm to hot. I can sort of understand Fat Electrician. I tend to appreciate vetiver scents more in the autumn, although I'm not entirely sure why. Papyrus de Ciane surprises me more - I would have thought this would fit far more into late spring/summer wearing, with its green, slightly mossy feel. Instead it comes alive for me late in the season, where a slightly more woody facet reveals itself.

Are there any perfumes that have surprised you like this?

0 comments em “The penny drops”

Post a Comment

 

fromtoptobottom-perfumepatter Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger