Warung Bebas

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friday scent of the day - Voyage D'Hermes

I've written about Voyage d'Hermes before, not long after it was first released just under two years ago. I wore it again on Friday and almost two years later, I still feel the same about it as I did then. To me, Voyage is a perfectly nice-smelling and decent perfume. It has that typical understated 'Hermes-ness' and chic sophistication, but ultimately it leaves me wondering why Hermes had to release a perfume that in my opinion simply takes a lot of what they've done previously and amalgamated it into one juice. It's sort of like a retrospective, perfume-wise. Taking that into account, I can sort of see where the name Voyage comes from too. Voyage is essentially a woody, slightly green perfume with a touch of musk and spice. All very understated but perfect for wearing on a day that you don't want to necessarily stand out and leave a trail behind you, but if someone does catch a whiff, it will be a very classy smelling whiff. I still love the bottle by the way. I read recently that a more intense version of Voyage will be released this year. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the original.

Image credit - http://fimgs.net/images/

0 comments em “Friday scent of the day - Voyage D'Hermes”

Post a Comment

 

fromtoptobottom-perfumepatter Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger